Presenting a consistent visual style to everything that represents your business
Do I need branding?
Whatever stage you’re at, even a brand-spanking new business, you need to consider branding. Starting with a great logo, it’s the process of keeping everything that represents your business consistent – corporate colours, fonts, layout and design – ultimately, this ensures you’re putting across a professional image and building trust.
Where to start
After the logo is in place it’s important to implement a set of guidelines outlining correct use the logo. These guidelines can and should be developed to include corporate colours, fonts and layout styles.
Elements of branding
Let’s break it down
- Brand strategy (an in-depth plan outlining your purpose, and how you aspire for your organisation to be perceived. The actual “brand” is the response from the marketplace, how your organisation is perceived in the mind of anyone who has any level of awareness of your organisation)
- Logo (and any variants of the logo)
- Typography (typefaces/fonts and their guidelines)
- Colours (colour palette, combinations, usage)
- Graphic Design (design themes, templates, guidelines)
- Illustration styles
- Photography styles
These are the aspects of visual branding. The full “persona” of a brand encapsulates all and every single point of contact with a brand – products, messaging (tv, radio, print), quality, word-of-mouth referrals. An endless list.
The point being, try to control all aspects of your visual branding, with consistency.
I can assist will all of the following
- Logo Design
- Brand Guidelines
- Stationery (Biz cards, letterheads…)
- Brochures / flyers
- Signage (Interior / Building / Vehicle)
- Promotional items
- Exhibitions / Trade Shows (visual communication)
- Social Media Graphics and Post Designs
And that is a brief overview. It will depend on your organisation as to what elements are required.
You may be getting various items produced by different suppliers. It is vital that there is some form of Brand Guidelines to ensure consistency throughout.
It’s possible your branding may not be working as well as it could. I can provide a brand review to discover any weak areas that need to be brought up to scratch to ensure your visual brand is rock solid.
- Brand review
- Recommendations for brand development
Enquire below for further details
discuss a project
Contact Michael Bretherton
Ph 0417 804 146
I respectfully acknowledge the traditional custodians of this land where I live, the Turrbal people of Meanjin, and pay my respects to elders past, present and emerging.